Tuesday, June 14, 2011

12 Years Strong!


Sunday was Liz and Eric’s 12th wedding anniversary. 12 years and going stronger than ever! I’m sure many couples look forward to receiving the pink diamond they’ve been eyeing or the vacay they’ve been planning since year one. Liz and Eric got a baby for the 12th wedding anniversary and I can’t think of anything more perfect for the two of them. I think this is a good time to share a little background about Liz and Eric. They were friends for quite a long time before they even started dating. Liz attended Notre Dame and Eric attended U of I (University of Idaho). Both were accounting majors. They started dating after college and married a few years after that. Liz is one of the most personable women you will ever meet. You will never feel awkward around her because she will always be able to strike up a conversation. She is an avid golfer, amazing actually. She got a college scholarship for it. Liz and I share a love of shopping and manicures and we can talk about anything and everything. One day she looked at my purse and said, “Is that a Tory Burch?” I said, “You speak Tory?! Oh this was so meant to be!” Eric is one the nicest, most caring men you will ever meet. An accountant by day and an avid hunter and fisherman by weekend. (perfect for my family) He knows I love fruit and that I am picky about my grapes and whenever I go over there he always has fresh fruit and grapes for me and Stella (because Stella loves grapes too) The two of them are honestly two of the most genuine people that I have ever met. I am so blessed by them. Liz and I discovered that we have yet another thing in common: Modesto, CA. I was born and raised there and her entire family is from there. She never lived there, but her mom is from Modesto and Liz spent a lot of her life out on Beckwith. NO WAY! Grace will one day get to see my hometown, the place where I grew up and spent so many years of my life. In fact I am sure she will go there more than once. I love that she will experience Modesto at some point in her life! Yet another amazing aspect of how God had ordained this to be. I mean, I have never met someone in Boise that’s from Modesto and the parents that I picked for my daughter are from there!! <3

Early in their marriage Eric and Liz decided to wait 5 years before they tried to have kids and they agreed that they weren’t going to go to any extreme measures to have their own children. If by 10 years they still did not have a baby, they agreed to begin the adoption process. They started the process just shy of their 10-year anniversary. Two years later their prayers were answered! There is so much more I could say about them. I’m sure a lot of it will come through my posts, but I wanted to preface them a bit so you can begin to grasp how important they are to me and why I chose them to be Grace’s parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment